An apothecary is a skilled craftsperson who compounds herbal mixtures that enhance health and beauty. Put aside the modern world of tricky marketing and harmful chemicals and create your own apothecary solutions. They’re fresh, safe, effective, and can save you money—and many are made from the wholesome ingredients already in your kitchen and garden.
Inside you’ll find:
Nature has given us all we need for both inner and outer health. With The Home Apothecary, learn to make your own products with ingredients you choose, scent to your preferences, and customize to your body's needs.
- Skin Care 101, including how to make cleansers, scrubs, creams and lotions, tonics, and toners for oily, dry, sensitive, or combination skin—along with acne treatments, natural sunscreen, lip balm, and more
- Body care recipes for homemade body scrubs, massage oil, body powder, and toothpaste
- Remedies for what ails you, including healing cough syrups, compresses, teas, and tinctures
- Hair care recipes for dry, normal, or oily hair—add shine, clear up dandruff, and control thinning and volume
- Recipes for the home, including Kitchen Sink Scrub, Drawer Refresher, and Fly Deterrent
- Plus, get inspired at your farmers’ market and explore seasonal recipes for a Pumpkin Mask, Cucumber Toner, and more!