Halwart Schrader has written, translated, edited and/or published more than 300 books, mainly on motoring. After finishing studies in Commercial Art and Art History (BA degree) 1954-1957 in Berlin, he was co-founder and associate of Friedrich W. Heye Advertising Agency, Munich. From 1964, he worked as freelancer and contributor to various motoring magazines in Germany, France, Switzerland, and USA, founding, in 1973, AUTOMOBIL CHRONIK, the first collectors’ car magazine in the German language. From 1973 to 1995 he ran his own publishing business, specializing in automotive history. He has been a member of the A.A.C.A., USA; the Michael Sedgwick Memorial Trust, UK; a contributor to the Beaulieu World Encyclopaedia of Motoring; a member of the Guild of Motoring Writers, U, and a member of he Society of Automotive Historians, USA.