Volkswagen enthusiast and author Richard Copping examines, for the first time, the complete story of the T4: from the Transporter concept originated forty years before its presence at VW's Hanover factory, through its development period and full production life. Topics covered include:
- the background story 1949-1990
- design concept to production in the 1980s
- full analysis of the T4's specifications
- face-lifted Caravelles and Multivans from 1996 onwards
- gas - and diesel-aspirated engines including the VR6, V6 and 2.5 litre TDI
- the T4 story in the USA - the Euro Van- and finally camping conversions.
With the best part of thirty VW titles to his name, ranging from Beetle books to Buses and Golfs, Richard Copping is regarded as a leading author and marque expert on matters Volkswagen in Britain and beyond. His credentials are impeccable, having learned to drive using a VW Beetle, he has owned Volkswagens ever since. A Concours judge, an avid collector of VW literature, and particularly so the oldest and rarest brochures, Richard has a monthly column in Volkswagen Camper and Commercial magazine, as well as regularly contributing features about some of the best VWs to be seen out and about.