In the first of a new series of books from Jacqui Small, entitled The Small Books of Good Taste, well-known cookery author Clare Ferguson presents us with lots of delightful ideas for the perfect picnic or family outing.
The book contains over 30 recipes covering every element that any self-respecting picnic ought to boast, each wonderfully illustrated in colour. The book is broken down into section as follows:
• Introduction – How and what to pack
• Sandwiches and snacks including proscuitto wraps, villettes and black bean soup
• Main courses including spiced beef, bacon and leek salad, field mushroom tart and roast peppers
• Desserts including lemon squares, angel cake and pecan brownies
• Drinks including crushes, fresh lemonade and smoothies
Clare Ferguson’s Picnics is a one-stop-shop of great ideas, whether you’ve been planning a family outing for weeks, or if you’re looking to exploit a few hours of unexpected sun – and the book’s compact size makes it the perfect shopping basket companion to the supermarket too.